Thursday, December 11, 2008

Mexican Wedding Cookies!..

No Christmas is complete without cookies, so lets bake some!!..Says the sweet lady here :) .

This interesting recipe was found out from her place :)..
Keeping the page open, I rushed to the stores to make sure I was equipped with the raw materials..and YES!..; I couldn’t wait any longer…
Of course we don’t have any lovely snow fall here to compliment, but the season of festivity, the winter..…alas!!..they were real melt-in-the-mouth, perfect with a cup of hot tea.

The original recipe source- Mexican Wedding Cookies by Paula Deen from http://www.foodnetwork.com/

To yield 15-20 cookies

Get ready with:

1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar, plus more for coating baked cookies
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting hands
1/2 cup pecans, chopped into very small pieces (I used walnuts)

Method:

Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F. Line cookies sheets with parchment paper.
Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar at low speed until it is smooth. Beat in the vanilla. At low speed gradually add the flour. Mix in the pecans with a spatula. With floured hands, take out about 1 tablespoon of dough and shape into a crescent or a shape of your choice. Continue to dust hands with flour as you make more cookies. Place onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 40 minutes. When cool enough to handle but still warm, roll in additional confectioners' sugar or use a small strainer to dust in. Cool on wire racks.

Sharmi, these were baked specially for your lovely Cookie Baking Event. :).

Planning to bake another batch, fresh, this weekend as I am visiting my parents in Kerala for Christmas holidays. Feelling really proud to have thus entered dear Happy Cook's very first and sweet event of Home Made Christmas Gifts :) .

26 comments:

  1. I knew when i saw the title that the recipe is frim Mishmash.
    I remember seeing them in her place last year and drooling.
    This looks fabulous and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...these cookies looks so delicious!!! please send me some...I am not getting enough time to bake any cookies....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this looks fabulous, wish I could have some right now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely cookies Bharathy! I can tell they taste so great as I made those too! Mouth-watering.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cookies really look like winter's been visiting.:)
    I have plans to do some cookie making. I should start sometime this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh these looka bit like melting moments, though not as chubby! lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bharathy you should have sent it across,don't forget iam very very near to your place now ha ha...

    ReplyDelete
  8. From the ingredients I could make out texture of the cookies - delicious! Lovely cookies:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks mouthwatering Bharathy! Its having a snow effect over the cookies too;D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delicious entry.. looks perfect.. nice blog..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome ... Awesome!!! Thank You Bharathy. your presentation rocks:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. yummmmyyyyy :) this is one thing I plan to make next :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are my favorite cookies, though I don't like making them much for some reason... I always get requests for these... They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have tried these from Mishmash too ! they just melt in the mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  15. very nice blog...

    pls visit my blog and share ur views...

    http://spicygadget.blogspot.com/
    http://www.mobileflame.blogspot.com/

    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  16. I adore these cookies!! Made them last year... Reminds me I need to make another batch soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. perfect in keeping with the season. Love the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  18. such lovely cookies.. wonderful for the season:-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely cookies Bharathy..I make my butter cookies in a similar manner..shall try this next..they look so pretty too..;-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. hi bharathy..nice pic..hope the cookies would taste delicious as well..perhaps you should send them to FIC-White started by sunshinemom..

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks lovely and delicious! Nice presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  22. hi bharathy cookies look superb! very xmasy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. hi
    hey ur photos look really good..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...