Saturday, March 6, 2010

Cocoa Banana Muffins


Well, it is a fact that I just can’t control my sudden cravings for chocolate cakes and the love for the divine banana bread.
This sudden thought came into my mind today. What if I would combine the two?

And here’s the yummy result with which I am extremely contented!
Chocolate Banana Muffins! :)

I mixed a smaller portion of batter which could fill in just 4 ramekins, wondering how it would turn up and to my pleasantest surprise the cake got over in a jiffy marking another family favourite.

Luckily each had one’s own portion of a whole ramekin :)!



Here’s how I whipped it up, (to yield 5 ramekins)

1 1/2 cups flour
1/3 cup unsweetened Chocolate powder
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 cup sugar
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
4-5 tbsps of milk - [can ‘sour cream’ be substituted here? Pls suggest :)]
1 tsp baking powder
A fat pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla

Sift flour, chocolate powder, baking powder and salt at least 6 times to facilitate even mixing.
In a separate bowl, cream sugar,(I powdered it) oil, egg and banana.
Fold in the dry ingredients with a wooden spatula.
Transfer into the prepared ramekins.

I baked them for 40 mins with temperature set to 375F in my oven.But I feel I slightly over baked them.When I inserted the skewer after about half an hour, it didn't come out clean; later I realised it would have been melted chocolate and would have taken them out then.
So be careful about the baking time :).


The 'Cocoa-Nana' Bread ;) is off to Dhivya's Best Chocolate Cake event being celebrated for her completion of two fabulous years of blogging and 300 yummy posts!! :)

29 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting with coco and banana though not a lover of the fruit, luved the name!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The muffins have puffed up so well Bharathy..love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so inviting!
    http://padhuskitchen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting combo and the click says it all. So moist and fresh looking muffins. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love the combination of chocolate and banana and this muffin just looks beautiful and so so chocolatey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bharathy, I love chocolate banana bread/muffin. Yours almost look like a muffin pudding with it being in those pretty ramekins. Maybe I'll do that next time I make muffins-gives a special look. Like they're for a nice brunch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum, chocolate and banana are always a great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the muffins look so soft and spongy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the muffins look so soft and yummy...lovely combination:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowwwww!!! the pic looks so delicious and mouthwatering. Love the recipe. banana and choco is a great combo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Soooo soft and yummy muffins...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely divine....lipsmacking here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks so pretty..and love the texture and deep chcocolate brown colour...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi
    First time here..muffins looks yummy and mouthwatering!!

    cheers following you..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this combo, muffin turns out perfect, great photo too...

    http://treatntrick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. fantastic muffins.great combination isnt? I have tried bread out of this, but not muffins.
    but muufins look cute.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Coco-nana has a nice ring to it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome muffins, like anything chocolateeeey, this is such a drool worthy recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice combo of chocolate and banana! As usual great clicks too dear:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This muffin looks so rich and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These chocolate muffins look absolutely delicious .Thanks for dropping by simply.food.Your visits nad comments are very much appreciated.Do drop by again.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Muffins look fabulous! So chocolaty!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just came across your blog and I am so glad I did! This looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks great ..
    Pls visit my blog if u get a chance iam hosting a Give Away dear

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hmm you have got an interesting space which took me for a while to read many of your posts.Following you.Cocoa banana muffins is so luscious,love to grab them from the pic.Beautiful pics as well.

    ReplyDelete
  26. very intriguing.. nice recipe..great pic.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...