Sunday, December 30, 2007

Fig, Golden raisin and Date Focaccia


There are definitely a few solid reasons for coming up with a recipe like Focaccia; the recent confidence I had gained in baking, a sudden craving for fresh home made breads, the packet of fresh active dry yeast I stumbled upon in the super-market(a rare ingredient to be spotted in our town) and above all a self-challenging recipe I need to try out for AFAM-Dry fruits for the month.After all this is hosted by the glorious Mom n Daughter team to whom the post goes…:)

Thank you Nirmala, for suggesting me the original recipe here.
Somehow I was more fascinated to try out this one from The Boston Globe that surprisingly calls for butter and eggs instead of Olive oil, a real focaccia needs.

Of course this is my first attempt of baking a bread.
I reserved half of the dough and baked Jai and Bee’s No-Knead Bread inspired by my sister’s post here (have not included the recipe or pictures in this post).

Making a Focaccia was far more easier than it seemed to be.Needless to mention-both the bread and the focaccia came out successfully and I enjoyed every step preparing ‘em; they in turn absolutely not lettin down the ‘new baker’! :)



Wishing you all a very Happy New Year!

Luv,
Bharathy :)

10 comments:

  1. WOW!! awesome!! isnt baking an amazing thing to do and extremely liberating? lovely pic with the basket. what a wonderful way to end the year :) lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bharathy for some one who hardly bake your foccasia looks delicious.
    I would love to have few slices of it.
    Am on a break waiting for shyama to come home so thought will just go to the pc.
    About the melting moment i have no idea which is the original one. I will check out and if i find the answer will tell you.
    Happy New year to you and family.
    We are celebrating the newyears eve with my inlaws and bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bharathy, that's such a lovely cake...wish you and your's a fantastic new year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Faccassia looks yum yum! It looks so good.. your a great baker! Happy New Year to you & your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bharathy..that looks yum!..great piece of work

    ReplyDelete
  6. U cant tell you are a new baker ...looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks beautiful, chewy and soft. Happy new year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

  8. Thank you so much for the wishes.
    Extending my warm gratitude to all of you who had spent time to drop in words of encouragement!..esp amidst the holidays and celebrations!..

    Wishing you all the best.
    Happy blogging for the year! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! that bread looks totally like something I'd reach out for!

    nice job girl:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...